Cisco Data Center 3.0 comprises a comprehensive portfolio of virtualization
technologies and services that bring network, compute/storage, and virtualization
platforms closer together to provide unparalleled flexibility, visibility, and
policy enforcement within virtualized data centers:
- Cisco Unified Computing System unifies network, compute, and virtualization resources into a single system that delivers end-to-end optimization for virtualized environments while retaining the ability to support traditional OS and application stacks in physical environments.
- VN-Link technologies, including the Nexus 1000V virtual switch for VMware ESX, deliver consistent per-virtual-machine visibility and policy control for SAN, LAN, and unified fabric.
- Virtual SAN, virtual device contents, and unified fabric help converge multiple virtual networks to simplify and reduce data center infrastructure and total cost of ownership (TCO).
- Flexible networking options to support all server form factors and vendors, including options for integrated Ethernet and Fibre Channel switches for Dell, IBM, and HP blade servers, provide a consistent set of services across the data center to reduce operational complexity.
- Network-embedded virtualized application networking services allow consolidation of remote IT assets into virtualized data centers.
Cisco offers a variety of data center virtualization products within
its portfolio, many of them created with partners such as Dell, IBM,
HP, Microsoft, and VMware that are directly targeted at the needs of
storage, server, and network architects and administrators.
Cisco Unified Computing System
Unite network, compute, and virtualization resources into a single seamless system to reduce TCO and increase business agility.
Cisco Nexus Data Center Switch Portfolio
These products provide virtualized, on-demand services for breakthrough application performance, scalability, availability, and security.
Virtual machine (VM)-aware network services help ensure consistent per-virtual-machine policy enforcement and visibility during live migration.
Cisco Nexus 1000V
This software-based virtual switch for VMware ESX environments allows consistent per-VM visibility policy enforcement.
Cisco MDS 9000 Series Multilayer Switches
Network-embedded intelligent fabric applications, including VN-Link for SAN technology, help ensure consistent storage policies enforcement for both physical servers and dynamic virtual machine environments.
Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Switches
With industry-leading services and performance, the Catalyst 6500 Series Virtual Switching System scales application performance, simplifies server and network configurations, and increases availability.
Application Networking Services
These products provide virtualized Layer 4-7 delivery-on-demand application services for breakthrough application performance, scalability, availability, and security.
Request More Information?